Essence of Leadership in an organizational system to have different skills and traits of Leadership in an organizational system, and the employees find it very difficult to follow a straight standard that is meant to carry them to achieve the main goals & objectives. The purpose of this article is to list various opinions on what the team expect from their leader.
By definition, Leadership is the activity that is influencing people or team to strive willingly for group objectives.
Other definitions, Leadership is the process of influencing the activities of an individual or a group of efforts toward goal achievement in a given situation.
Leadership is the act mobilizing others to want to struggle to share inspiration.
The Essence of Leadership in an organizational system must comprise the followings:
- Credible: A leader should have the credibility by action in challenging the process, inspiring a vision, enabling others to work, modelling the way and encourage the heart of its consistency in which it governs.
- Sense of direction: A sense of direction is very important as one of the traits of Leadership. A leader is expected to have a sense of direction as to where they are coming from, where are they now and finally where are they going e.t.c There are several ways and means to achieve the goals and objectives.
- Stand confidently before the team at all times: A Leader must be able to stand confidently before the team during troubles as well. A good leader never turns its back to the problems. He/she has to know when is going to intervene in the issues.
- Have the ability to take the team there: The leader always has to be like a propeller, when the members are tired or giving up, he/she is there to motivate them in another way. A good leader is always doing the right things at the right time.
- Trustworthy: A leader must demonstrate the attitude of being trustworthy in the areas of duties, and also in the eyes of the members of whom he/she is leading.
- Listening: A leader must demonstrate the attitude of listening to the voice & opinions of the team members at all times.
- Competency: The leader must be knowledgeable. He/she has to have the ability to initiate positively the team members, consistently and exemplary.
- Sincere: When it comes to the evaluation of team members, a good leader has to give sincere feedback concerning their work and their attitude. The leader must not be biased.
- Persistence: A leader must be persistence at all times during duties, the attributes of inconsistence must not be found a present, because he/she is the mirror of the team members.
- Commitment: The leader has to show commitment to the team members, principles and values of the group.
- Good character: A leader must be able to have good characters in deeds and in action which the team members will be able to emulate at all times. A leader must not be found playing politics.
- Humility: A true leader must imbibe the principle of humble himself among its constituents, A proud Leadership in an organizational system will achieve nothing than chaos among its team members
- Empathy: A true must imbibe the culture of empathy if he wants to achieve success in its leadership roles e.t.c
- Lead by example: A true leader must be able to demonstrate a good example in which the team can copy or emulate at all times.
In summary, a vision is a picture of what an organization could and should be. A hallmark Leadership in an organizational system of great leaders is that their vision includes big ideas. Leaders want to feel motivated about what they do and how it impacts their team positively and progressively.
You can see more of our management training, business, and marketing materials HERE.