TQM: An Overview:
- What is Quality?.
- Why is Quality Important?.
- The Evolution of Quality Management.
- The Key Elements of TQM.
- Summary: Developing TQM.
THE ROLE OF MANAGEMENT IN TQM:
- The Need for Senior Managers to Get Involved in TQM.
- What Senior Managers Need to Know about TQM.
- What Senior Managers Need to Do about TQM.
- The Role of Middle Managers about TQM
- The Role of Line Managers about TQM
THE RECEIVED WISDOM ON TQM:
- Deming, Feigenbaum ,Juran etc
- Other quality leaders and there approaches
Are the Approaches of these Gurus Different?
- Ishikawa,Shingo,Taguchi, Imai, Crosby, Deming etc
- Japanese Style of Total Quality, Quality Cycle
THE INTRODUCTION OF TQM:
- Awareness creation, Change and Continuous Improvement.
- Forces for Change: Barriers, Resistance types, Reason for resistance etc
- How Do Companies Get Started with TQM?.
- Several Approaches to TQM implementation.
A FRAMEWORK FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT TQM:
- Systems and Techniques.
- Measurement and Feedback.
- Changing the Culture.
- Use of the Framework.
LEVELS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT TQM
- Level 1: Uncommitted
- Level 2: Drifters
- Level 3: Tool-pushers
- Level 4: Improvers
- Level 5: Award winners
- Level 6: World class
7. SUSTAINING TQM:
TQM Sustaining Audit Tool: Development and Methodology.
- Category 1 Internal/External Environment.
- Category 2 Management Style.
- Category 3 Policies
- Category 4 Organization Structure.
- Category 5 Process of Change.
PART TWO : THE BUSINESS CONTEXT OF TQM:
- Definitions: Policy Deployment.
- What is Policy Deployment?.
- What Policy Deployment is Not.
- The Policy Deployment Process.
- A Check Reflect Improve Scrutinize Pass (CRISP) Approach to Policy Deployment.